Thursday, October 11, 2007

young guy among the old folks

anyone knows what an MRI is? Its magnetic resonance imaging, the use of a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer to produce electronic images of specific atoms and molecular structures in solids, especially human cells, tissues, and organs.

That's what dr lo recommended for me so that he could get a closer look at my knee. Sheesh, didn't know he would go to this kind of extent.

Left camp at around 8am, immediately after 1st parade, w/out anytime for breakfast. So poor me set on the no 2 bus all the way with a growling stomach. hmph tried to sleep, but couldn't leh. think i woke up again with a bad headache. Haiz.

When i got to sgh, they asked me to change into this gown for radiology. haha its just the gown and your shoes (plus your underwear) talk about the fashion man... walked out of the changing room feeling quite funny, cuz the gown was meant for aunties, not for young gd-looking shuai ges like yours truky.. xp

as i was waiting, i noticed that i was the youngest patient there. everyone one else was either a senior citizen or middle-aged. made me start to wonder why in the world i'm here lor. Only old pple go for these kind of checks and such.. What bout me? Feeling old as well.

Ok so after waiting for close to 1.5 hours (dun forget i haven't had breakfast, and lunch time was soon), those slow pokes finally called me in. Honestly, I thought it was gonna be some normal x-ray shoot... until i saw this damn big machine sitting in front of me. gosh its that kind of scanning system in which you slot your body into the machine. woah felt scared. worse still, they gave me a shower cap and ear plugs (cuz it might get a bit loud). my heart was racing. how bad could it get...

the feeling was kind of weird when they slotted my body into the machine. don't know if the machine would shoot some labour or something at my knee, causing me to jump or something. worse, the doctor attending to me said that it would be 40min long and i had to keep my knee still throughout.. :o

actually, once the thing started, it just churned a few loud beeps and random sounds. didn't feel anything at all. couldn't sleep, cuz the thing was pretty loud..

when the bill came, my jaw dropped... Total cost: $692 smackaroonees!!! sheesh damn ex.. thankfully can claim all the way ah, else my one month pay can't support me seah...

went for lunch with pappy at don. mmm the best bulgogi beef rice can be found at DON Noodle Bistro at Tanglin Mall. yup...

rushed back to camp after that to move on with life....

No comments: