Saturday, January 19, 2008

Scholar, not an Officer, striving to be a Gentleman

Scholar- mugger? perhaps.. but well, not a very smart guy to begin with. but all these years, its just sheer hard work that has got me to where i am today. as the saying goes, qing2 neng 2 bu3 zhuo2.. so yeah, must continue to work hard and give myself more time. guess that's my shortcoming: my inability to absorb things fast...

not an Officer: of course lah.. nco only mah.. just a spec of dust.. no big deal...

striving to be a Gentleman: yeah this is my big goal.. wanna be refined in all i do, all i say, how i think.., all in the image of Christ.. think there'll be hard times to reach there. but well, fire refines gold, and the finished product is priceless..

-----------------

3For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.
~Romans 12:3

No comments: