Friday, July 14, 2006

tired and demoralised

Dunno lah.. Rather tired and discouraged.. Got back GP compre yesterday... 25.5/50. I thought I could have scored better, cuz I was rather confident while doing the paper. Now reality slowly sinks in, and the truth hurts...

Worse still, stayed back today to play cards, instead of doing up my eigenvector tutorial.. Well ok, granted that it is the end of the week, so relax a bit lah... We played bridge again lor... Sigh my brain wasn't working at all again. I mean, I was blur all the time, not knowing who my partner was, throwing out the trump card at the wrong time, causing my partner to lose, like a stumbling block to others. You can actually see the others doing mental calculations in their heads (esp chork) while they bid and when they play. hmm reminds me of pappy when we play at home.. An incredible mathematical mind, always thinking on the spot and working his brains..

Sigh... Wonder why I don't seem to follow after him, or them? Why is my brain just a sponge? able to absorb stuff and knowledge, that's it. Can't manipulate or THINK. Gosh, so demoralising. The basic function of the brain is to think, and yet I can do nothing except to shun away from it. Anywayz, kept losing all the way. Reminds me of Dick Su in Ready, Steady, Pom Pi Pi... JINXED!!! Even luck also not on my side... Haiz...

I also learnt that I'm a rather truthful person. Tried playing Bluff, but always get caught bluffing. Haiz you can see that Zheng and Chork are seasoned liars.. and can strategise somemore. As for a complete noob like me, with no experience, how to bluff? much less win... :/ Haiz guess its too bad for me that my childhood was just books, study and bo chap-ness. So here I am, suffering the consequences of being the most boring person, unable to use his brain for any purpose etc..

sigh.. tired and demoralised...

------------------

Oh well on a separate note, Peiyi's last minute plan to celebrate Geraldine's farewell pulled off :) Both of us discussed and confirmed it last night. Then there was the quick mad hop-a-bout to inform the GOH and other pple to join us..

So yup they came to church, including Sam and Steph =))) As it was Games night as well, we played badminton, table tennis etc. Great fun. Pastor Yap wsa also there, trying to promote this weekly friday night fellowship kinda thing through sports or something to invite your friends to church and play. Hey his badminton and table tennis quite pro one leh... Wah dun look down on him.... o_O

Taught Megan how to play table tennis too.. Wow she enjoyed it lots. Too bad she's a bit short for the table, else it would have been much easier for her. Played a game with Chris too. A good thing our skills were on par with each other, so we really enjoyed our game.

So when it was time, we asked Pastor Yap to say a prayer for Geraldine and then eat cake. Then we cheerio to each other and balik kampong
---------------------------------------------------------------------

17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

- Habukkuk 3:17-19

No comments: